1046 小时
注册时间
2008-03-10
最后登录
2009-07-23
只看楼主 倒序阅读 使用道具 楼主  发表于: 2008-05-15 06:54:54
— 本帖被 铃铛 从 影视音乐 移动到本区(2010-11-26) —
关键词: rrurctaringeve

大部分人都会认为Five For Fighting 是一个乐队,可实际上整个乐队只有一个人: John Ondrasik.然而他既是歌手,又是钢琴家,还是吉他手,也是一个针砭时弊的人和一个评论家。因此,在现阶段可以将Five for fight 这个名字看作他的一个笔名。可是这种理解是不够的。 Five For Fighting 原是曲棍球罚则, 指的是被罚下场五分钟等候再度上场的球员,Ondrasik借这一笔名, 融合自己身为钢琴家/讽刺作家/时事评论家的多重身分,努力地让别人听见自己的歌曲,用自己的热情去实践歌曲与意念的真谛。

On his third disc, the one-man musical marvel known as Five for Fighting proves yet again that all that's standing between him and peace of mind--not the fleeting kind, but full-on, to-the-bone, heart-and soul-cleansing peace of mind--is a song. Two Lights picks up where America Town left off, diving smack-dab into the national consciousness and hitting, predictably, a sorrowful spot. First track "Freedom Never Cries" is a self-skewering lament that calls out to complacent countrymen by way of confession and an artful, piano-enhanced weighing of consequence. It's followed by "World," which reminds unpreachily, and not unpleasantly, that "history starts now." Where Two Lights better resembles 2004's hugely successful The Battle for Everything is in its more inward-looking tracks, the tender first single "The Riddle" among them. There, and on the near criminally pretty "I Just Love You," the mush-hearted may find themselves fighting the urge to hug the closest stranger. But despite his now-dependable dips into mopiness, John Ondrasik--Five for Fighting to you and the rest of the world--doesn't deny himself the opportunity to rock when he wants to. If anything makes this guy happy, it's the state of California: on "California Justice," he kicks off his shoes and works on his tan like a latter-day Beach Boy from the dark side, and "'65 Mustang" rambles down the coast with the kind of carefree vibe that, outside of a song, only a convertible can deliver. --Tammy La Gorce

You were wrong
You were right
You are gone
Tonight
You were free
So alive
You were wrong
You were right
You were down
You could see
You wore hearts for me
You were sharp